Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Bolivian beauty - Dagmar Castrillo

I met Dagmar on our recent trip to Santa Monica California.  Her heritage is proudly rooted from "the rooftop of the world," Bolivia.  A country fixed against the majestic Andes in the lower west region.  Our introduction couldn't have been more pleasant.  I am compelled to share my experience with you as it has left a lasting impression on my heart and mind.  Dag's aura clutches a beautiful energy that is found in the traditions and love of her people, a remarkable perspective that captures those around her.
Her perception was constantly in tuned by her environment.  A conscience decision to view the world as it comes - enjoying life's simplest pleasures and reflecting in positive ways to soothe her soul.  As a people flowing with the waves of existence, often times I feel we discount this humble awareness.  I have learned through Dag's encouraging spirit to pause and absorb these moments in time.  Only then will we appreciate our place on this earth and the lives we impact daily.
While her vision towards life is something to be exulted, the understanding of friendship conjures a hunger within... we have all experienced people who epitomize the love of selfishness and greed.  I believe a character bound in kindness and devotion are few and far between - this treasure in closeness is sought for until our dying day and remains the struggle of our lives.  "To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world." a quote labeling the Bolivian beauty with reverence!


All the best,


Mark Nava


         

1 comment:

  1. I like how you read her. Very interesting, if I do say so myself. Makes me wonder if you had ever ran into me, how you would convey your feelings in words :)

    And I love, love the song. It's great for a time when your getting ready to go out, or just relax. Reminds me a bit of if Tiesto and Schiller got together to create something. Amazing nonetheless and thanks for sharing!

    PS. I missed your in depth blogging too! I'm extra busy this summer sadly, and I don't think that's going to change until next year. But I have to work on time management to keep my blog alive. Have a great weekend Mark! <3

    ReplyDelete